Friday, September 21, 2012

Student Teaching: Week 1 Log



What was a positive highlight  in your teaching week?
My students began to show an interest in me and asked me insightful questions about my desire to become a teacher. I really felt like I began to connect with my students this week. I  love  working with them in small groups or individually the most.

What was your biggest challenge this week?
My class on block day was very ancy, jittery, and disruptive. It was difficult to get their attention, especially during transitions.

What aspect of teaching do you hope to work on or refine next week?
I’ve been brainstorming ways to motivate students to listen and pay attention better without relying solely on negative reinforcement. I tried clapping in a sequence, which they echoed back, and that worked much better. I would like to try a raffle ticket system to encourage more participation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment